Jim Mancari, ContributorEach week, I will be taking a look at the Giants’ media notes to pull out some interesting facts about the upcoming opponent.
In Week 16, the Giants (5-9) head to Detroit to take on the Lions (7-7).
The Giants looked terrible in a loss to the Seahawks last week, and the Lions are coming off a tough loss on Monday night to the Baltimore Ravens
Here are some interesting Giants’ notes about this week’s opponent:
- The last time these teams met, the Giants earned a 28-20 victory on Oct. 17, 2010 at MetLife Stadium. The Lions hold a 20-19-1 advantage in all-time series, so Big Blue will look to even that mark.
- The Giants overall are 71-88-5 in games against NFC North teams. They are 2-1 this season, with wins over the Vikings and Packers and a loss to the Bears.
- Tom Coughlin is 3-2 in the regular season against the Lions.
- Eli Manning is three pass completions away from passing Troy Aikman for 18th place on the NFL’s all-time list.
- Justin Tuck leads the Giants with 9.0 sacks this season and is 1.5 sacks away from 60 for his career.
- Jason Pierre-Paul is one sack away from moving into a three-way tie for 10th place on the Giants’ all-time list.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.