- I love how Ed Hochuli starts his first down calls with his hand in a fist. If any referee/ weightlifter could get away with it, it’s Hochuli.
– Another fumble, this time by Michael Robinson. This one really bailed out the Giants defense. The secondary is being ripped apart by Tavaris Jackson, and Marshawn Lynch is in beast mode. Talent-wise, this game is a mismatch but the Giants are not executing on offense or defense right now, and are lucky to be down by seven.
– The defense was much better on that drive, with a seven yard Jason Pierre Paul sack being the big play. With under four minutes left in the half, perhaps the offense will go into hurry-up mode, where it has been successful this season.
– Eli Manning threw a ball up for grabs, not close to Hakeem Nicks, that was easily picked off by Earl Thomas. This has been a miserable performance in every aspect thus far, and if the Giants were playing a better team, this would be a blowout.
– Another horrendous drive, this time Manning fumbled the snap on third and ten. Luckily, Kevin Boothe fell on the ball so they can punt it away, but its clear the injury to David Baas is affecting Manning and the entire offensive line.
– Aaron Ross’ resurgent season continues, as he just picked off Tavaris Jackson on a third and five pass. The Giants will take over at their own 41.
– Hakeem Nicks just made a circus catch for a 19 yard touchdown grab. He dove into the end zone and initially snagged the ball with one hand before securing it with both hands as he hit the turf. Check your local highlight reel tonight to see the play.
– The Giants are lucky to be tied right now, but they need to put this sloppy half behind them and focus on what worked. Manning looked much better on that two minute drill, and he finally got some protection from the line. There is an obvious mismatch with Nicks on the Thurmond that Gilbride needs to exploit more in the second half.