The NFL announced today that quarterbacks Eli Manning of the New York Giants, Peyton Manning of the Denver Broncos and Christian Ponder of the Minnesota Vikings are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on December 30, while running backs Alfred Morris of the Washington Redskins, Adrian Peterson of Minnesota Vikings and DeAngelo Williams of the Carolina Panthers are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· New York Giants QB Eli Manning completed 13 of 21 passes for 208 yards and five touchdowns in the Giants’ 42-7 win over the Philadelphia Eagles.
· Denver Broncos QB Peyton Manning completed 23 of 29 passes for 304 yards and three touchdowns as the Broncos beat the Kansas City Chiefs 38-3.
· Minnesota Vikings QB Christian Ponder completed 16 of 28 passes for 234 yards and three touchdowns in the Vikings’ 37-34 victory over the Green Bay Packers.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Washington Redskins rookie RB Alfred Morris rushed for 200 yards on 33 carries and scored three touchdowns in a 28-18 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
· Minnesota Vikings RB Adrian Peterson tallied 199 yards on 34 carries and one touchdown in the Vikings’ 37-34 win against the Green Bay Packers.
· Carolina Panthers RB DeAngelo Williams gained 210 yards on 21 carries and scored two touchdowns in the Panthers’ 44-38 victory over the New Orleans Saints.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Monday through 3 p.m. EST on Wednesday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Wednesday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.