The NFL announced today that quarterbacks Tom Brady of the New England Patriots, Robert Griffin III of the Washington Redskins, and Eli Manning of the New York Giants are the finalists for the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week honors for games played on November 22-26, while running backs Ben Jarvus Green-Ellis of the Cincinnati Bengals, Arian Foster of the Houston Texans and Steven Jackson of the St. Louis Rams are the finalists for the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week.
Fans can vote for one player in each category on NFL.com/FedEx from 9 a.m. EST on Tuesday through 3 p.m. EST on Friday to determine the FedEx Air & Ground NFL Players of the Week. The winners will be announced Friday on NFL Total Access on NFL Network and on NFL.com.
Fans will be voting for more than their favorite player. As part of the Air & Ground program and its commitment to small business owners, FedEx will support education efforts at Junior Achievement by making weekly $2,000 donations in each of the winning players’ names. The funding, allocated to local Junior Achievement area offices in that team’s city or state, is used to help U.S. small business development, by educating the next generation of entrepreneurs on how to start and grow their own businesses.
A closer look at the FedEx Air NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· New England Patriots QB Tom Brady completed 18 of 28 passes for 323 yards and three touchdowns as the Patriots beat the New York Jets 49-19.
· Washington Redskins rookie QB Robert Griffin III completed 20 of 28 passes for 311 yards and four touchdowns in the Redskins’ 38-31 victory over the Dallas Cowboys.
· New York Giants QB Eli Manning threw three touchdowns going 16 of 30 for 249 yards as the Giants beat the Green Bay Packers 38-10.
A closer look at the FedEx Ground NFL Player of the Week finalists:
· Cincinnati Bengals RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis tallied 129 yards on 19 carries and scored one touchdown as the Bengals beat the Oakland Raiders 34-10.
· Houston Texans RB Arian Foster gained 102 yards on 20 carries and scored two touchdowns in the Texans’ 34-31 overtime victory against the Detroit Lions.
· St. Louis Rams RB Steven Jackson rushed for 139 yards on 24 carries as the Rams beat the Arizona Cardinals 31-17.
Courtesy NFL Media