The SNY.tv Commenting User Guidelines are in place to help foster a better environment for discussion of your favorite New York sports teams. Our goal is to provide quality forums for our readers to comment and provide feedback. Part of maintaining such an environment involves eliminating inappropriate comments. While we encourage an open forum, please follow these guidelines to ensure a quality experience for all users. SNY.tv does not review or moderate all comments but we do reserve the right to remove content once posted.
- We encourage our readers to engage in lively debate and ask that you refrain from posting offensive, obscene, threatening or abusive comments. Any comments containing personal attacks or threats towards other commenters, writers, journalists, teams, players or agents, along with any responses to those comments may be removed in SNY.tv’s sole discretion. You are fully responsible for libelous or defamatory comments.
- In no event will SNY.tv tolerate comments containing racist, homophobic, sexist or any other form of hate-speech commentary.
- Inappropriate language, including but not limited to, swearing, sexually explicit, insulting, embarrassing and/or use of crude terms for body parts, bodily functions, and physical acts are unacceptable and may be cause for removal of your comments.
- Comments may not contain spam links or other forms of blatant self-promotion. If we see these types of posts, they will be removed.
- Readers are advised to stay on topic and refrain from making comments stating “how you’re sick of this topic” or that the content is not newsworthy. In order to maintain the quality of SNY.tv’s commenting forums, off-topic comments may be removed.
- No inappropriate avatars, images or usernames are allowed. If we see them, they may be removed.
- No personal contact information may be posted anywhere, in comments or usernames. Facebook and Twitter handles are permissible and may be used by users to comment.
- You may not use a false e-mail address, username or image to impersonate any person or entity to mislead other as to the identity of the commenter.
- Copying and pasting full articles into the comment section is strictly forbidden. You are fully responsible for any acts of copyright infringement.
For purposes of clarity, the preceding list is non-exhaustive and the removal of comments or user accounts shall be made in SNY.tv’s sole discretion at any time without second chances or warnings. Corrections for errors made in our posts are welcome and appreciated, but please be cordial sending such feedback. Feel free to reach out to us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you see comments that violate our policy, please flag them and/or contact us.