Giants’ GM Jerry Reese seems to be a divisive figure among Giant fans. Some love him while others don’t. I personally think he’s one of the best GMs in the NFL. He’s brought as many Super Bowls to East Rutherford as his old boss, George Young, and he’s far from done.
The job of the GM is just not building through the draft, it involves building, maintaining and persevering as well. Finding players in the UFA and UDFA markets is just as important. This year, with the draft so deep, I can see Reese striking gold not just in the draft but on Manic Monday and beyond.
Since taking over as GM in January of 2007, Reese made some solid moves and we’d like to pay tribute to those by listing our top five:
1. 2010: Signed UDFA WR Victor Cruz
2. 2010: Drafted DE Jason Pierre-Paul with the 15th overall pick
3. 2010: Signed UFA Safety Antrel Rolle to a five-year deal
4. 2013: Drafted OL Justin Pugh with the 19th overall pick
5. 2007: Selected RB Ahmad Bradshaw in 7th round of the draft
Those are ours, what are yours?