Jim Mancari, ContributorEach week, I will be taking a look at the Giants’ media notes to pull out some interesting facts about the upcoming opponent.
In Week 17, the Giants (6-9) close out their season at home against the Washington Redskins (3-12).
It’s a pretty much meaningless game, but at least the Giants would like to end the season on a high note.
Here are some interesting Giants’ notes about this week’s opponent:
– The Giants are 93-64-4 all time against the Redskins in 161 meetings. Big Blue won the matchup Dec. 1 of this year 24-17 at FedEx Field.
– Eli Manning’s fourth-quarter comeback Sunday against the Lions was the 25th of his career, which ranks him fifth among active quarterbacks behind Peyton Manning (50), Tom Brady (35), Drew Brees (31) and Ben Roethlisberger (29).
– Will Hill’s 38-yard interception return for a touchdown was the Giants’ second defensive touchdown this season, Jason Pierre-Paul returned an interception 24 yards against the Green Bay Packers on Nov. 17.
– Jerrel Jernigan scored his first NFL touchdown on Sunday.
– Andre Brown is 135 rushing yards away from 1,000 for his career.
– Rueben Randle is one touchdown away from 10 career touchdown receptions.
– Hakeem Nicks is three touchdowns away from 30 career touchdown catches. Through the first 15 games (of which he’s played in 14), Nicks has not caught a touchdown pass.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.